We’re back with the answer key.
See the test here.
Determine if the 10 statements below are true or false.
- Shakespeare’s famous quote: “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet” uses the same principles as that presented in themes 1 and 2. – T
- The expression “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”, embodies the philosophies of all three themes. – T
- Andersen Silva’s nickname “Spider” is a representation of theme 1.- F
- The derogatory expression “Go Dutch” seeks to present a cultural version of theme 3. – T
- By saying an expression like “the crowds flooded into the stadium” would best be defined by theme 2. – T
actionof being “stuck between a rock and a hard place” takes on the characteristics of themes 2 and 3. – F
- A “waterfall” can be used to exemplify both themes 2 and
3through both nature and spiritual imagery. – F
- The expressions “make hay while the sun shines” and “vinegar is the son of wine” are synonymous with the philosophy of “Carpe Diem” and best represent themes 2 and 3. – T
- The term “rose” is, biologically speaking, a “flower”, which proves that presented in theme
2. – F
- The idiomatic expression “like a needle in a haystack” is the r
epresentation of naturewithin theme 3. – F
* Todd Marshall é professor de inglês do Curso Sapientia.